We are a prominent and well-respected law firm dedicated to defending and protecting the rights of all people. Based in Cincinnati, our attorneys have achieved national recognition in their practice fields and have litigated some of the most significant constitutional and criminal cases in recent decades. Among our ranks of seven lawyers are:
- the current president of the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association;
- a former president and current secretary of the First Amendment Lawyers Association;
- three former judicial law clerks;
- counsel for the Contemporary Arts Center in the famous Robert Mapplethorpe obscenity trial;
- counsel for a death row inmate who was recently awarded a new sentence by the federal court of appeals; and
- the team of attorneys who successfully persuaded the United States Supreme Court to invalidate a federal computer law in 2002.
Our attorneys represent clients who encounter a vast array of legal problems. A significant portion of our practice is devoted to various aspects of constitutional law, including First Amendment and free speech issues, civil rights cases against the government, and the constitutional questions that arise in the course of criminal prosecutions, both against adults and juveniles. In addition, our attorneys a